Alright in this post I am going to share with you my knowledge about what everybody ought to know about seo these days. First of all and for the benefit of the beginners, SEO means search engine optimization. Basically what that means is you choose and pick up a particular topic or keyword and your goal is to rank that particular keyword or keyword phrase on the first page of Google by creating content, optimizing your content and building quality backlinks around that topic that you just chose.
You need not to be afraid when it comes to seo. Why? Because its not that difficult if you know how simple it is. You just need the basics. But basics are not enough as search giants such as Google continually updates their seo algorithm. Now I know I know that some of you may be foreign on the word “seo algorithm”. But don’t worry as I will explain it to you in the simplest form so you will understand and absorb the knowledge as I teach.
1. Your keyword must be at the title of your post – which means that if you will be sharing your knowledge about how to build an online business and your keyword is online business, that particular phrase must appear at the title of your blog post or article.
2. Your keyword or keyword phrase must be at the first sentence of your post – so again if your keyword is online business, that particular phrase must appear at the first sentence of your blog post apparently in your first paragraph.
3. Your keyword must be bold, italized and underlined – when you create a blog post, just highlight your keywords or keyword phrase and make it bold, underlined and italized. You don’t need any special skills to do those tasks. All you need to do is highlight your keywords and apply the instructions that I just said.
4. Sprinkle your keywords at least 5 times within your content – Now this is important. It’s 2012 and Google just made a big update particularly the updates called “Penguin” and the “Panda” update. What one of those updates means is that over optimizing your blog post with your keywords will definitely hurt your rankings as well as your site. So don’t mention your keyword a couple of times within your post. When you write, think as if you are talking to a person who needs information that will solve his or her particular problem. Your goal as a writer is to post informative and valuable content that your readers will need and want. Forget about the Google spiders and robots, yada, yada, yada because afterall, its not the spiders that will read your article.
5. Your keyword must be placed at the last sentence of your post – just like putting your keyword or keyword phrase on the first sentence of your article, it is also important to never forget to write it on the last sentence of your article.
6. Create quality content – one of the updates I mentioned above that Google just unleashed was over optimizing. So if it happens that you created a qualify content but still you over optimized it, you will still be affected by Google. So make the necessary adjustments. The best way to combat that is to always deliver and provide quality content to your readers no matter what. And take consideration on your keywords and sprinkle it thoroughly within your post and at least 5 keywords will do. A good and quality content these days must be more or less a 400-900 word article.
7. You need to diversify your anchor text – what I mean by that is everytime you write a post, usually at the end of the article, you link back your post to a certain blog post or a lead capture page for example. So if your keyword or anchor text is online business, that keywords needs to be diversified so you won’t be affected by the latest Google updates. An example of how to diversify your anchor text is instead of putting just online business, you can also put, click here or business or internet business. At least you get the idea.
So just to reiterate that in order to succeed in SEO these days, you need to be aware of keyword stuffing, increase the quality of your content, minimize backlink optimization and a 400-900 or even 1500 word article works best if you want to rank on the first page of Google in 2012 and beyond.
There you have it. I hope that you have learned something from this post about what everybody ought to know about seo these days.
Please Leave a Comment below and Join in the Discussion.
P.S. How To Finally Conquer and Master The ‘Lethal’ Marketing Secrets That The Top 5% Use To Dominate This Industry Without Making Cold Calls Or Hassling Your Friends And Family Again ===> TEACH ME THE SECRETS!
Liked this post? Share it!