Sonny, I like your idea of putting your keyword in the last sentence of your post. I haven't been doing that, but will start doing so immediately. Thanks for sharing. Chuck
Alright in this post I am going to share with you my knowledge about what everybody ought to know about seo these days. First of all and for the benefit of the beginners, SEO means search engine optimization. Basically what that means is you choose and pick up a particular topic or keyword and your goal is to rank that particular keyword or keyword phrase on the first page of Google by creating content, optimizing your content and building quality backlinks around that topic that you just chose.
You need not to be afraid when it comes to seo. Why? Because its not that difficult if you know how simple it is. You just need the basics. But basics are not enough as search giants such as Google continually updates their seo algorithm. Now I know I know that some of you may be foreign on the word “seo algorithm”. But don’t worry as I will explain it to you in the simplest form so you will understand and absorb the knowledge as I teach.
1. Your keyword must be at the title of your post – which means that if you will be sharing your knowledge about how to build an online business and your keyword is online business, that particular phrase must appear at the title of your blog post or article.
2. Your keyword or keyword phrase must be at the first sentence of your post – so again if your keyword is online business, that particular phrase must appear at the first sentence of your blog post apparently in your first paragraph.
3. Your keyword must be bold, italized and underlined – when you create a blog post, just highlight your keywords or keyword phrase and make it bold, underlined and italized. You don’t need any special skills to do those tasks. All you need to do is highlight your keywords and apply the instructions that I just said.
4. Sprinkle your keywords at least 5 times within your content – Now this is important. It’s 2012 and Google just made a big update particularly the updates called “Penguin” and the “Panda” update. What one of those updates means is that over optimizing your blog post with your keywords will definitely hurt your rankings as well as your site. So don’t mention your keyword a couple of times within your post. When you write, think as if you are talking to a person who needs information that will solve his or her particular problem. Your goal as a writer is to post informative and valuable content that your readers will need and want. Forget about the Google spiders and robots, yada, yada, yada because afterall, its not the spiders that will read your article.
5. Your keyword must be placed at the last sentence of your post – just like putting your keyword or keyword phrase on the first sentence of your article, it is also important to never forget to write it on the last sentence of your article.
6. Create quality content – one of the updates I mentioned above that Google just unleashed was over optimizing. So if it happens that you created a qualify content but still you over optimized it, you will still be affected by Google. So make the necessary adjustments. The best way to combat that is to always deliver and provide quality content to your readers no matter what. And take consideration on your keywords and sprinkle it thoroughly within your post and at least 5 keywords will do. A good and quality content these days must be more or less a 400-900 word article.
7. You need to diversify your anchor text – what I mean by that is everytime you write a post, usually at the end of the article, you link back your post to a certain blog post or a lead capture page for example. So if your keyword or anchor text is online business, that keywords needs to be diversified so you won’t be affected by the latest Google updates. An example of how to diversify your anchor text is instead of putting just online business, you can also put, click here or business or internet business. At least you get the idea.
So just to reiterate that in order to succeed in SEO these days, you need to be aware of keyword stuffing, increase the quality of your content, minimize backlink optimization and a 400-900 or even 1500 word article works best if you want to rank on the first page of Google in 2012 and beyond.
There you have it. I hope that you have learned something from this post about what everybody ought to know about seo these days.
Please Leave a Comment below and Join in the Discussion.
P.S. How To Finally Conquer and Master The ‘Lethal’ Marketing Secrets That The Top 5% Use To Dominate This Industry Without Making Cold Calls Or Hassling Your Friends And Family Again ===> TEACH ME THE SECRETS!
Liked this post? Share it!
Sonny: Even though it's barely been two full weeks since I started following your totally sound expert SEO advice and have applied just a few of your proven instant traffic generating strategies, my daily unique visitor count has already increased by a whopping 180%! Absolutely fabulous and I can hardly contain my gratitude! Also, as a direct result of your sound advice, my visibility of the social network platforms has increased by about 450% as well! Your proven SEO advice is simply off the charts! Thanks! Your eternally greatful student in progress!
Such a very delightful tips especially for new bloggers. Learning the basics will surely guide us to improve our skills in this field. I anticipate more from you soon.
Creating a quality content is vital in implementing SEO. People seek to learn and get information in the web. Providing them valuable content let them recognize you as an authority in your field.
Sonny: First of all let me state for the record, that your online SEO advice is spot on! Because as a direct result of listening to your sound advice. My site now loads a staggering 800% (that's correct) 800% faster than it did, prior to meeting you! Thanks again buddy! So anyone that's wondering if Sonny knows what he's talking about! He most certainly does! Follow his expert advice and you'll prosper as a direct result!
Quality contents with consistency and frequency are the best example of onsite SEO. Natural links is basic demand of off site optimization. Google Panda Update is related to the quality contents and Google Penguin is related to off site optimization of the website.
Awesome post,I always try to put these tactics into action on my blog. I'm glad you posted this great article it always helps to be reminded.
Nice Post Sunny. I think every newbie blogger should follow this rules from there day 1 blogging. Ranking on SERP depends on OnPage Seo and you have mentioned all points here. We should include the keyword on Title and URL to get good rank on SERP. BTW Thanks for sharing this tips mate. I will share this post with my Fellow bloggers.
Some great tips there as SEO is so important when writing post and like you say since google added the updates it become even more important andy
Excellent post Sonny. SEO is extremely important if your goal is to drive traffic to your blog. Excellent breakdown of the important steps.