In this article, I am going to lay out the top 7 reasons why having a blog is critical.
1. Having a blog brings your credibility and authority to an entirely new level, automatically positions you as an expert, and gives you the leveraging power to successfully market and sell any products or services of your choosing.
2. A blog is PERFECT as the central hub for all of your social media marketing. As you meet new people in the social networks, their first impression of you is through your blog, where you give great, free content and blog posts for them to soak up and learn from. A blog is a ‘GIVE’, whereas a website or capture page (don’t worry if you don’t know this term) is more or less designed to sell, which makes it more of a ‘TAKE’. In building relationships, the more your visitors feel like you’re giving to them versus selling to them, the more effective you will be at establishing long-term relationships and loyal followers.
3. Unlike a traditional static website, a blog is fresh, alive, interactive, and continually updated… It’s the perfect recipe for magnetizing people and enticing them to keep coming back! If your content is full of value, people will automatically want to follow you and keep returning every time you post something new.
4. When doing social media marketing, a blog helps you to build your email list more effectively than any other type of website or capture page. Your conversion rates (percentage of people who opt-in and join your email list) will be much higher because of your branding and the value you are giving.
5. You can have multiple income streams positioned on your blog, allowing you to earn passive income literally while you sleep. Your blog is the showcase for all of your own products, affiliate products, business opportunities, and other income streams you have in place. It acts as your personal ‘STORE’ and the hub for all of your income you make on the front-end (Back-end income comes from your email list).
6. With a blog, you can also get your content ranked to the top of the search engines, like Google and Yahoo, easily and for free by following the right formula. This means you will be sucking in traffic from people finding you on the search engines as well as people finding you within social media.
7. And what’s most exciting… Integrating a blog with social media marketing perfectly positions you to take full advantage of content syndication (content sharing). And building a tribe to help you share, or syndicate, your content IS the biggest secret to social media exposure on a massive scale.
So what this means is… Your blog will be marketing itself. Your tribe will be automatically sending you traffic, giving you a perpetual flow of new people, new leads, and new potential customers to introduce your business to on a daily basis. This is the GOLD that will fuel your entire business… It’s simple, it’s viral, and it’s free.