Fantastic article! I absolutely agree, in particular with the last thing mentioned here: SHARING relevant content that you KNOW your readers will benefit from! Value isn't about hoarding content and behaving like a faucet for valuable information. Sharing IS the secret! ; )
To be taken seriously in your industry or niche, you MUST provide your audience with the content they need. Because, if you can help solve your target market’s pains, problems and challenges they will follow you, join your mailing list, comment on your blog, spend money with you, buy your products and become your raving fans…
Before we dive in into the main course of this subject let me just emphasize that you need to become a researcher and the reporter in your industry.
1. Research your industry – Once you’ve defined what your niche is, your job is to go out and research your industry.
- Find excellent blog posts which can help your visitors…
- Find products and services you can partner with/ become an affiliate of which can help your visitors and fans solve their problem…
- Locate the experts in your niche & interview them to find out their knowledge…
- What are the newest trends and topics you can write about?
- What pains, problems and challenges are your visitors having? (Tip: Look at what they are talking about in forums, in groups, social networks or send them out a Survey to ask them)
- What does your target market want, desire, need?
- What words and language do they speak?
- Read EVERY BOOK you can find on your subject and topic to learn more…
The researching part is on-going… it doesn’t stop! Markets, niches and industries keep changing, and it’s your job to be AHEAD of the rest. You stay on the cutting edge so you can then REPORT what you learn to your target market, raving fans and visitors.
2. Report on your industry – each week as you are researching your industry, you are LEARNING about how it all works and fits together.
When you KNOW things that your visitors and target market don’t know! You start to become desirable and people come to you to learn.
You collate the material you’ve learned from the books, courses, seminars, interviews, reading blogs, Facebook, groups etc and start to communicate that content to your audience. The BEST way to do this is to BLOG about it first on your blog… and link back to the original source of the content, (either directly, or through an affiliate link)…
Be sure to use The Content Ratio Rule…
- 80% value added content (linking to other blog posts, writing your EXPERT CONTENT)
- 20% affiliate links, promotional content
Although you can still give VALUE by recommending a product or service through an affiliate link. By becoming a researcher in your industry and then reporting your findings to your target market, you become an EXPERT and AUTHORITY in your industry.
Report Other People’s Content:
When you come across a GREAT blog post, video, message, product/service which you KNOW your target market will benefit from… write a brief blog post about it. Not only are you helping your audience by providing valuable resources, you are also building relationships with the people whose content you are sharing and recommending to your audience plus you are CEMENTING in the mind of your followers that YOU are the “go-to guy or gal” to learn about this topic.
People will LOVE you and THANK YOU for it, and they’ll pay much more attention to you because you give them content, products, tutorials they NEED but wouldn’t be able to find themselves. So, become an aggregator for fantastic content in your industry and niche and report that content to your readers.
3. Create Curiosity to your followers – now you’ve researched your market and reported your findings back on your blog… it’s now time for you to drive traffic back to your blog by creating curiosity to your followers by using social media networks. You do this by notifying and updating your Facebook status, Fan Page status, Facebook group, or by tweeting on Twitter, or putting out a message to your followers on Google+. You want to SELL the SIZZLE and not sell the sausage.
So again just to summarize that in order for you to become the go-to expert in your niche, you need to apply this formula:
1. Research your industry, keep up to date with what’s happening, promote products which help others, you compile your findings
2. REPORT back to your audience by creating valuable content on your blog.
3. Use curiosity on your Social media networks to tease your target market to CLICK on the LINK where they can get the FULL story on your blog.
The more you learn about your niche, the better you become and the more valuable you become to your followers. All you’ve then got to do is put that information into a usable and understandable format which other people can digest and help solve your followers’ pains, problems and challenges and you’ll be AMAZED at what happens.
P.S. Remember, leave me a comment below to let me know your BIGGEST takeaways and click on the Google PLUS button and Top 10 button on the left…
P.P.S. If you could share this post with your Facebook friends or Fan Page, that would really help… just click on the SHARE links you’ll also find in this post…
“FREE Boot Camp: How To Overcome These 7 Major Marketing Problems That Keep Your Business Sucking Wind And Losing Money.”
These are some awesome tips Sonny, linking to sites that are not your own is a good thing and is a great way to network with other bloggers.
Hi Sonny, Thank you for sharing in detail how to become the 'Go To' expert in the chosen niche. I can hear this loud and clear - RESEARCH and CONTRIBUTE back via a blog! The more we learn and grow, the better! I particularly like the part about linking back to the original source of the content. By supporting others and referencing, we can be a place where people love to come for MORE information. Thank you for your insight, Sonny! Viola The Business Mum
Hi Sonny, My biggest takeaway has been getting in front of a video and connecting with my audience. Also writing creative content satisfactory to the customer and not just myself. Yes, becoming an expert on your niche is work and since most don't do it, you have a clearly huge advantage over your competition.
You’re welcome Viola. That’s what we call ”give without want before you can have” … :) Have a nice day! Sonny
Hi Joseph, Thank you for your contribution. Yes you are right about getting ahead over your competition. And Im glad to hear about your video methods are working well for you. Keep up the good work. Talk soon. Sonny