In this article, I am going to show you how you can generate 20 leads per day for your business using facebook. But first we need to have a brief overview and summary of what facebook is.
Facebook is a global social networking website that is operated and privately owned by Facebook, Inc. Users can add friends and send them messages, and update their personal profiles to notify friends about themselves. Additionally, users can join networks organized by city, workplace, school, and region. The website’s name stems from the colloquial name of books given at the start of the academic year by university administrations with the intention of helping students get to know each other better.
Mark Zuckerberg founded Facebook with his college roommates and fellow computer science students Eduardo Saverin, Dustin Moskovitz and Chris Hughes while he was a student at Harvard University. The website’s membership was initially limited to Harvard students, but was expanded to other colleges in the Boston area, the Ivy League, and Stanford University. It later expanded further to include any university student, then high school students, and, finally, to anyone aged 13 and over.
The website currently has more than 500 million active users worldwide. A January 2009 Compete.com study has ranked Facebook as the most used social network by worldwide monthly active users, followed by MySpace.
So here we go, first things first:
1. Sign up for Facebook and complete your profile. Your profile should be all about you, as a person, as people will be more inclined to add you as a friend. Be sure, however, to include your business domain name to the website section in your personal profile. This is the only place in your profile that should have to do with business. Remember, this is an opportunity for people to get to know the “real you,” and begin relating to you as a person, before they begin doing business with you. So be real with who you are, your hobbies and interests, your personal priorities or causes, etc. as this will assist you in building relationships.
Complete your profile information as quickly as possible. Remember, you can come back any time and edit this information.
2. Add photographs to your profile.
3. Invite friends. If you want to network with like minded entrepreneurs, you can do this by typing a keyword at the search bar and click search. Look under groups and add friends there.
Basic Tips and Tricks:
- You can only have one Facebook account. They are fairly strict about this.
- When adding friends, it’s always wise to write a note to the person, mentioning how you know them.There are many “groups” you can join on Facebook. Groups can be categorized by everything from former schools and towns, to business and social interests.
- There are many “groups” you can join on Facebook. Groups can be categorized by everything from former schools and towns, to business and social interests.
- You can always build your Facebook profile over time. The most important thing is to get the ball rolling, and get your profile setup with some basic pictures.
- Use some discretion in how much personal information you share about you, your family and your children as you will be adding complete strangers as your friends
Once you have your basic personal profile set up you can now set up your Facebook page, which will be all about your business. While you can have only one Facebook profile, you can link multiple pages to that profile.
Because Facebook Business Pages DO rank in the search engines and Facebook now gets about the same amount of traffic as Google, building out your Facebook business pages is a great place to begin building your business brand.
Following is a brief summary of the key differences between your Personal Profile and your Business Page:
|Facebook Personal Profile:||Facebook Business Page:|
|A Facebook “Profile” is a personal page.||A Facebook “Page” is a business page.|
|You can have only one Facebook profile.||You can have many Facebook business pages linked to your personal profile.|
|Facebook profiles DO NOT show up in search engine results.||Facebook business pages DO show up in search engine results.|
|Facebook profiles have “Friends”||Facebook business pages have “Fans”|
|You CAN send friend requests.||You CANNOT send Fan requests.|
If you have a Twitter account you can link it to your Facebook profile. When you update what you are doing on Twitter, it will also update on Facebook.
For additional information on how to create raving fans on facebook then turn them into paying customers & distributors for your business, Click Here.
Also, here is another great source: A HOT Facebook Marketing Tip To Help You Capture Leads.