Copywriting is salesmanship through the written word. It is the “million dollar skill” that 98% of network marketers neglect. And it is one of the easiest ways to separate yourself from the masses. Copywriting as well will make or break your marketing efforts.
So now that you know what copywriting is, the next question would be… what is the best way to learn how to write effective ad copy?
Actually there are only two things:
1. By studying other successful copywriters (your swipe file) and…..
2. Human psychology
Before we dig in deeper about the 6 critical steps to mastering copywriting, it’s also important to learn the 4 main principles of copywriting so that the 6 critical steps to mastering copywriting will really make sense. And these are:
1. Just be yourself and be genuine – don’t plagiarize
2. Provide specifics (proof)
3. Position yourself as an expert or consultant
4. Disguise your sales pitch within valuable content and provide proof to back up your claims and promises – attraction marketing
Now that we have discussed what copywriting is, the best way to learn how to write an effective ad copy and learned about the 4 main principles of copywriting, it is now time to discuss the 6 critical steps to mastering copywriting:
1. Know your target market intimately – very important that you know who you’re targeting
2. Choose a specific angle
3. Start and then review your swipe file
4. Define the ultimate benefit that you are providing and create your headlines
5. Write your benefit bullets
6. Create your offer
So there you go. I hope that this article has helped you and learned some basic stuffs about the 6 critical steps to mastering copywriting.