In this article I am going to reveal to you the 5 common mistakes that you must avoid when building your business using social media.
A lot of people are using social media to market their business these days because it is free and it is the most visited website right now on the internet (facebook). But sad to say 90% of them are not doing it the right way. This is why most of these people are not seeing the results that they want to achieve in their business.
So to help you build a successful business using social media, here the 5 common mistakes that you must avoid:
1. Selling or pitching without providing value – this is the most important thing that you must remember because by doing this, you are actually not attracting people into your business. Instead you are becoming unattractive. Why? Because people don’t care about what you are selling. What they are actually looking for is good content (value). So make sure you are not selling and pitching on the front end.
2. Not having a blog – if you are into social media, a blog is a must. Your blog is your most important asset. Why? Because your blog is your home base on the internet. This is where you drive your prospects back to read and consume your content. A blog also gives you more credibility and builds more trust to your audience. Just think of it this way, if social networking is like going to a big party, having a blog is like hosting your own party! And having your own blog is by far the fastest and easiest way to build your own piece of virtual real estate online.
3. Not being consistent with content – now let’s say you have a blog, the problem with other people is that they are inconsistent in putting out contents into their blog. You don’t want your blog to become a ghost-town, right? So make sure you post at least once a week (minimum) or 3 times a week (standard) or 5 times a week (the most) to build up momentum and your prospects will keep coming back to you.
4. Not growing a targeted following – I know some other marketers who have many friends on facebook and followers on twitter. But the problem is that these friends and followers are not targeted. So these people actually don’t care about what you post on your blog because they are not targeted. So it is not about how many friends or followers you actually have on social media. But it’s the quality that matters most. So make sure your friends and followers on twitter are targeted so you get the most out of your content.
5. Not having strategies and not being organized – most people say that social media is just a waste of time. At some point, this is true especially if you don’t know what you are doing. But if you know how to build your business using social media, it is actually the exact opposite. Because when done right, using social media to build your business can bring you from 10-20 or even 40-100 leads per day into your business. That’s why it is very important that you have a strategy in place and being organized so that you are efficient and eventually effective in the long run. Top social media marketers only spend a maximum of 2 hours per day on social media.
So there you go. I hope that you find this article valuable and eventually it can help you build your business using social media. And now that you know how to build your business using social media by avoiding this 5 common mistakes, start implementing what you’ve learned and share with me your results later. If you like this content, feel free to share the wealth.